Battle for Azeroth Pre Launch Set Up
My Battle for Azeroth pre Launch set up, is super simple compared to past expansions.
I remember my first expansion launch, how exciting it was to see everyone clustering in Stormwind before heading for the Mists of Pandaria.
For Legion, I prepared what I wanted to do with Professions, and several alts made professions swops.
Time is Energy Friend
For Battle for Azeroth, I’m going in with my main, and 2 support characters. You can see the plan for these three characters going into BFA – here.
This is to gear my hunter as fast as possible to be ready for raiding, without having to outlay much gold for consumables, by getting the 2 support characters to supply enchants and gems.
I learned a very good lesson about burnout in Legion, and this is the main reason I’m not going ‘pedal to the metal’ with 12 characters.
I now understand the nature of the beast that high-end progression raiders face, and why they all disappear after they’ve downed that final Mythic end boss.
So I’m going to do the best that is required for a solid raider, and to enjoy every minute.
I want to be fresh and inspired to level a Kul-Tiran druid when they are released as a playable race.
I already have max level Night-Elf druid who doubles as my 2nd herbalist & primary scribe, so the KT druid will be to unlock the heritage armor and I don’t want it to start to feel grindy and unpleasant.
When the top 3 (Hunter, Mage, Priest) and following 2 chars (Druid & Druid) I’ve mentioned reach maximum level, then I’m not going to level anything else unless:
- I need to main-swop for any raider related reason
- There’s down-time in WoW (highly unlikely with Hazzikostas at the helm)
- A group of us decide to leveling something together
- I decide to level an alt while streaming
Image created using Wowhead’s Dressing Room Feature
IRL Battle for Azeroth Pre Launch Set Up:
- Groceries delivered on morning of Sunday 12th
- Meal prep for Monday 13th (Launch Night!) to Thursday 15th
- Everyone will have fresh healthy options to nibble on and can leave me in peace to do my thing!
- Monday 13th – have a lie-in as late as possible, then last bits of housework before 3 day strike (lol).
- have a swim (if its still as hot as HADES like it is now)
- 5-6pm dinner with the family, since I won’t see them for 3 days (again lol, joke)
- 9pm be unbearably, and annoyingly excited with guildies on discord
- 10pm wonder if it’s possible that some kind of cardiac event from excitement is possible, and would spoil my launch night plans
- 10:55pm hold my breath to see if this has all been a dream and I’m going to wake up at any moment.
- 10:59pm actually burst.
- 11:00pm (GMT) SQUEE with delight as I get the launch night opening quest and then fly off with the guild to go in search of Kul Tiras… I reckon there might be some drunken renditions of ‘Daughter of the Sea’ (see Warbringers: Jaina)
I’m going to stock up on bottled water, beef jerky, grapes, cheese, sliced bell peppers, blueberries, nuts and other healthy nibbles for launch night, as I plan to do an all-nighter and then go to bed at around 08:00am on Tues 14th and then sleep till noon.
After the initial launch night hype, I’ll be back on a normal schedule.
I know that there are others out there, who are just as excited, if not more, than me. But I would like to make a point of encouraging each of you, to take care of yourselves during this exciting time, and not to overdo it.
Advice from a gamer who has been doing this since before the internet was a thing:
- Get up and walk around every hour (or more). Stretch your legs. Pet the dog/cat/hamster/bunny/significant-other.
- Shower. Shave. Shampoo. (don’t give those non-gamers any excuse to pigeon-hole you into a stereotype that is in the minority)
- Drink water. Drink some more water. Go very easy with the caffeine. (please for the love of Elune don’t over do the energy drinks)
- Enjoy some of your favourite snacks (I’m looking at you Doritos and Mountain Dew), but in balance with healthy things (well hello there houmous and carrot sticks).
- Take breaks for exercise, put this ‘Walking Across Azeroth’ treadmill exercise video on the ipad and walk across Azeroth on a treadmill.
Lastly, enjoy it, and if you’re not enjoying it, log off.